Dienstag, 19. August 2008

Buenos Aires - a little ciudad

On Thursday there was a "Tandem" in Palermo, 20 Germans and 20 Argentinians...
On Sunday there was a private party with a live band - guess who I met - 2 people from the Tandem. Buenos Aires seems to be as small as Munich ;-)

Yesterday I went to cut my hair (a friend of one guy of the tandem who cuts all the Germans in Buenos Aires the hair, it seems). I payed 2,50€...

Today was my first day of university. I am the only German at the faculty of engineering. There are some French people and Brasilians. But except the German language teacher I think nobody speaks German.
First we were 2 people in class, than 3. It is an optinal class, and there won't be more than 5 or 6 people in future. Normally it takes a couple of days until everybody arrives at university.
The teacher (woman) explained very good, spoke understandable Spanish (60-70% understanding). And asks all the time, so that nobody gets tired. And here the teachers are not called with their last name, but with the first name (even as Dr.Ing.!).
I am looking forward to tomorrow, how many students will be at the class "maquinas termicas".

And today I got my visum. 40€ (instead of the 300€ the embassy in Berlin said). It took 2,5 hours, not to bad. The people here work very efficiently. And drink Mate all the time. And kiss all the time (men too, I have gotten used to this by now) .

In a CD shop the seller spoke German, and would like to work in Germany because here is a big job problem. 25% of the people are unemployed. But nobody complains about this... I wonder how the Argentinian system works???

The weather here is quite cold at night, during the day about 15°. Next week is supposed to be 28°. I hope so...

Keine Kommentare: